One of my favourite desserts of all time, Tiramisu is something that I absolutely love making at home! Especially if you love a sweet treat that can last a few days in the fridge! It is such a quick and easy no bake dessert that you can whip up hours before a dinner party yet such a crowd pleaser! I’ve found this recipe works best for me as the whipping allows me to make this dessert super quickly (without giving it hours to set!). Hope you enjoy it and let me know your thoughts!
- 1 tub (300ml) of Double Cream
- 1 tub of Marscapone Cheese
- 1/3 cup of sugar
- a (large) drop of Rum, Whiskey and Baileys
- 1 pack of 12 lady fingers
- 1 cup of nespresso amaretto coffee (or any cup of coffee you want)
- Cocoa powder to top
- Pour in your double cream and sugar into a large bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until you have soft peaks. This can be done by hand also but might take a bit longer!
- Now add in your Marscapone cheese, a generous dash of liquor of choice (my favourite is rum but I recently experimented with a mix of whisky and baileys and it was delicious!) and whisk until mixture forms hard peaks. Be careful not to overwhisk – it’s a fine line between a gorgeous soft cream to a too stiff cream that won’t stick to your lady fingers! Set aside.
- Now brew your cup of coffee, I use my Nespresso Vertuo machine and use the Amaretti flavoured pods (as tiramisu is usually flavoured with amaretto or brandy but I never have them on hand) but any type of coffee that you like will work too!
- Prepare your coffee in a shallow flat bowl or dish and start by gently dipping your lady fingers (I like it sugar side up, so that part stays dry!) and slowly line your cake dish. Only dip for a quick second so the lady fingers soaks up a bit of the coffee but still retains its structure!
- After your layer of lady fingers, smooth on a layer of your whipped Marscapone cream. Top with another layer of lady fingers before finishing with the final layer! You can either smooth this on like all other layers or, my favourite way, is to pile your cream into a piping or ziplock bag and pipe your cream in little balls on the top for a layered look!
- Top with sifted cocoa powder and pop into the fridge for whenever you’re ready to eat and enjoy!!