If you are looking for a cross between luxury, trendy yet hippie, Arrive is your haven in this desert. This beautiful spanking new boutique hotel is created by Ezra Callahan – known for being one of Facebook’s original founders, and is designed with the socially connected in mind, or what one might term the Millenials. The hotel from afar is sleek and built out of the natural palette of wood, concrete and steel. The glass reflects mirroring the surrounding rugged mountains as the sun sets, creating the mysterious aura of a Bond villain hideout in the middle of the desert.
WHAT WE LOVE
- Hip, young and happening. If you are in Palm Springs and looking for the coolest chic hotel, look no further than Arrive. From its weekly brunch pool parties to its range of trendy dining and coffee haunts, this adult only boutique hotel (18+) is a fave amongst LA celebs, the insta jet set group and stylish brand blogger vacays (like Revolve).
- You check into the hotel at the Bar, where the bartender hands you your keys and an extremely well crafted cocktail of choice, complimentary of course.
- Arrive is built around the concept of stripping back stodgy traditional hotel services and instead relying upon modern technology. There is no phone in the room, so you text the bar for room service and house keeping requests – yay to ordering a glass of wine while sat on the patio outside your room.
WHERE TO STAY
There are 32 beautiful modern rooms for guests, each featuring generous natural light and views of the phenomenal San Jacinto mountain range nearby. The rooms are decorated in luxe Coachella chic and come fully pinterest worthy with copper caged cacti and white marble showers, flaunting in every corner the trendy minimalist Cali flair. Also, may I just note that the fully stocked mini-bar is purposely priced low to match nearby convenient store around the block, no more paying triple for a tipple! Rooms each come with a king sized bed, rain shower, free wifi, Apple TV, and luxe hipster bath products courtesy of Malin & Gotez. Select rooms also feature private patios, modfire fireplaces and your very own succulent garden.
WHAT TO EAT
Arrive has four dining outlets in the shape of the rustic Draughtsman pub, the modern so-cal Reservoir, the 50’s esque ice cream shop(pe) and the trendy customs coffee with its millennial pink Joshua tree paper cups. Word has it that brunch at the Reservoir in Arrive is not one to be missed. With a colourful melange of brunch classics and mex-inspired fare; think breakfast tacos and tres leches pancakes, this gem is as good as the photos show. A must-visit before you drive off into the desert on your next adventure.
WHAT TO WEAR
Think kaftans and luxe beachwear for poolside cocktail sipping and brunching. Chic semi casual wear for the evenings, think black jeans, shirts and boots for the boys and breezy printed dresses and heeled sandals for the girls.
WHEN TO GO
The ideal time to visit is between the months of January and May; summertime reaches roaring red hot temperatures. That said, I visited during August and found the dry heat quite comforting compared to the humid head I am used to in London or Hong Kong.
- Trendy swimming pool + weekly weekend pool parties + poolside cinema nights.
- Large lush hot tub in pool area (fits 18+ people!).
- Bounce court and ping pong table to work off those cocktails.
- No more stuffy phones, text for all your room service, valet and concierge needs.
- Print out the ‘How to Palm Springs’ guide on the Arrive Hotel website for a delightful illustrated visitor guide on the coolest things Palm Springs has to offer
STEPH YT TRAVEL TIPS
- Try to come on a weekend so you can experience the fab pool parties.
- Though intimidating upon arrival with the cool pumping music, everyone is actually extremely friendly –its America after all! So relax, sip on a cocktail and make some new friends by the pool.
- If it is fly season -which it was when we went, tuck the bath towel under the front door to prevent them from sneaking in.
- The beautiful white marble shower is a good place for some snazzy selfies
- Don’t miss out on coffee and brunch when you stay, both great additions to a perfect weekend vacay.
- Order the Bloody Mary on your last day (if you aren’t the designated driver) and take it to go, a refreshing tipple especially whilst nursing hangover en route the the Joshua Tree National Park.
* photos courtesy of Chris Miller, Jamie Kowal and Arielle Vey.
Rooms start at £138 (USD$199). Take a look and book at – http://www.arrivehotels.com
6 thoughts on “SLEEP: ARRIVE HOTEL, PALM SPRINGS”
Beautiful place. Such a vacation goal!
Isn’t it just!! Anywhere in Palm Springs is to die for!
omg this place looks stunning
It is!! You defo have to visit!
great pictures and very informative post!
Aw thank you so much dear!!! I love the name of your blog!!!