Rainbow colours jump out at you with this gorgeous and warm comfort dish. Also titled Summer Sausage Pasta when made over the warm sunshine filled days of summer, this glorious pasta dish is the perfect way for a non-veggie eater like me to get a lot of veggies into my system in the form of a delicious and fresh pasta recipe. My favourite part about making this dish is seeing the kaleidoscope of warm colours come together in a gorgeous rainbow caramelised sauce. It is super hearty, a super easy one pan meal and a wonderful way to use up any fresh produce you may have harvested this autumn. Perfect topped with parmesan cheese and paired with a glass of Chianti on the side. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Linguine (or spaghetti)
- 1 box Cherry Tomatoes
- 1-3 Chilli Peppers
- 1 Orange or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2-3 sticks of Celery
- 1 Red Onion
- 3 cloves of Garlic
- 4 Sausages (Cumberland works best!)
- Top with grated Parmesan
1. Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius. Heat an oven safe cast iron pan, if you don’t have one a frying pan is fine and you can transfer to a baking dish for the oven cook section) with oil and toss in your sausages. Once brown, take them off the fire and chop into smaller chunks and toss it back in.
2. Dice your red onion into small squares and toss into your pan. Do the same with your celery and bell peppers, tossing the ingredients into the pan as you finish chopping. For your Chilli peppers, slice them in half, de-seed and toss into pan, you can also dice them if you prefer that look instead. Now it’s time to dice your garlic and toss into the pan. Finally, half or quarter your cherry tomatoes and toss them in.
3. Keep on heat for a few minutes and allow to sizzle then pour in half a mug of water. Allow to simmer for another minute or two and then remove from heat and place into oven to crisp up (or pour contents into baking dish and place in your oven) Allow to cook for approx 15 mins or until top is slightly brown. I usually measure leave it in there for the time it takes my pasta to cook.
4. Now cook pasta according to packet instructions in a heavily salted pot of boiling water. Take out your dish from the oven and serve straight on the table with pasta on the side. Spoon sauce onto your pasta at the table adn season with black pepper and top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!